So, let's get to it. Here's what you need:
- 1.5 Lbs Ground Beef
- 4 oz Mushrooms (Rough chop)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Sundried Tomatoes (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 10oz. Spinach
- 5 Eggs (Whisked)
- Salt and Pepper
- I change things up a little from the book's recipe. I always cook onions first. So get a dollop of your favorite fat (bacon grease, lard, butter, coconut oil etc.) over medium high heat and get your onions cooking in your cast iron skillet. I usually cook them down a bit until they're translucent.
- Add in your garlic and give it a quick saute (careful not to burn it)
- Add in your beef and start breaking it down with your spatula and getting the onions worked in. I always season my meat as I go so, add salt and pepper here.
- When the meat is nearly browned, add in your mushrooms and they'll absorb the fat and the flavor.
- One the mushrooms begin to break down a bit, and all meat is no longer pink, add in your tomatoes and spinach. Get all of the ingredients worked in real well.
- Now take your whisked eggs and pour them over the mixture. Keep stirring until the eggs begin to set.
- Add a little more salt and pepper at this point to taste.
Now, dehydrate what you have until all moisture is removed. When you're ready to rehydrate, just add about a cup of boiling water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. The burger may have a little crunch if you're impatient like me but it didn't stop me from gobbling this down.